Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I hope everyone had a happy holidays and a fun and safe new years!

Training is really kicking into high gear now that its January. Yesterday we met at 8am for a very informative run clinic before heading out on a 40 minute run. It sounds dreadful, but once we got running and everyone started chatting, the time flew by. Upon our return, we browsed the store (Potomac River Running, www.potomacriverrunning.com) and I hopped on the treadmill so they could analyze my gait and fit me for the right running shoes. I figure its about time I get a new pair of kicks since the ones I've been wearing are over 3 years old and the air has deflated out of the heel...which is probably why they squeak! Since Conte's bike shop is conveniently connected to Potomac River Running, they gave us a quick bike clinic. They have a triathlon bike that costs $15,000!!! That's almost as much as the car I just bought! I'll be tackling the triathlon on my trusty ol' hybrid bike, which they tell me is doable.

My fundraising is going well, thanks in part to all you generous people! I'm well on my way to reaching my goal of $5000. If you know of anyone that would like to donate to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, please pass my website along to them.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/txtri09/ksax

1 comment: