Thursday, January 29, 2009

1 month down...

So our first month of hardcore training is winding down with a recovery week. The workouts are shorter and less intense, and I'm getting some much needed rest so I'm ready for next week. I just hope the weather warms up so running and biking outside is bearable.

Last week Leighton, my team captain, had our team over to her house, aka The Ministry of Fun. We ate lots of delicious pasta and caeser salad, heard Sean's story of wearing plastic bags under his pants to try and stay warm (the internet said it was a good idea), and laughed our asses off while playing catch phrase until 11pm. Although our whole team couldn't make it, its was a great opportunity to start to get to know everyone and ask questions and share stories about training, fundraising and the actual race itself. I can't wait for the next get-together next month!

As for my fundraising, I'm more than halfway to my goal!!! A HUGE THANKS to everyone that has already donated. I was a little worried about raising the money, but everyone has been so supportive and generous, and has made this a lot easier than I had anticipated. Just a reminder that if you're interested in buying raffle tickets, let me know so I can send you the form. The forms must be received by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by March 2nd in order to receive your ticket(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment